HAITI

HAITI
ORPHANS AFTER THE QUAKE

WELCOME TO MY WORLD

Thanks for dropping in. I hope you enjoy the blog. Please feel free to leave feedback.
Judy Kucko

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

WOONUM SAMUL

This is where I live in Iksan. I bet you never thought you'd see me in an apartment again. I like my apartment. It's pretty small with lots of character. I've difinantly made it mine. I am the Queen of my castle--lots of furniture and plants, even outside my front door. There is a shortage of land here so most people live in these apartments. Most don't look great outside, but are quiet nice inside. The problem is they squeeze alot of people in each apartment with no problem. The Koreans don't like much furniture though. Getting home is easy because all taxi drivers know where Woonam Samul is. They don't use street names. They give directions by landmarks. So I only have to say Woonam Samul, and they take me home. To go to church I tell them "The Wedding Hall" (it's across the street from Faith Baptist). They also know the bus station, train station and McDonald's; so I'm pretty set.

No comments: